Monday, October 1, 2012

Excursion to Cachoeira

Ola!

I am sorry it has been awhile since I have updated, but I just spent the last four days away from the internet in a rural area of Brazil called Cachoeira. It was so much fun, very tiring and quite the experience. As soon as we arrived we were broken up between families that we got to stay with while there and all bused away. I got to live with Emily, which was so much fun, with an adorable family. A mom and husband, which a daughter who was 10 and then multiple, sisters, cousins, Goddaughters and friends always coming in and out. It was fun because it was way more busy and exciting then my house in Salvador, and with Emily to help me with my Portuguese I learned a lot and was able to have more of a conversation.





Even though we only spent four days with them, four very busy days, I may add so we didn't see them much they were so welcoming and loving. I have never eaten so much food in my life, our host mom made us three cakes while we were there, and we always had snacks, so we became quick favorites of everyone else. We had bolo (cake), beiju, and fruit enough to go around for awhile.

They were also very patient with both of us, since we do not have excellent Portuguese, but we were able to communicate and they took the time to have conversations with us. It was an amazing experience and I hope that I am able to go back some day and see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment